Friday, May 26, 2006

Language and the Limits of Imagination

My friend Sarah goes to Duke Divinity School. She is cool. Like, really cool. And really smart. And awesome. Like, really awesome.

Anyway, she blogs over at Xanga (what does that even mean?) and writes some really cool stuff. Today's post is great. She and I have similar interests in theology (not to mention music, too!) but she writes beautifully. This post is about what it is like to learn theology. I highly recommend it.

Langauge and the Limits of Imagination

so I had a thought today while walking away from my car, which I left in the parking lot with strict instructions to get steaming hot while I was in Hebrew class> I was thinking about how to describe the task of teaching/learning theology. It's about learning a language, eh? Picking up a new vocabulary, getting a feel for its own web of connections and realities, looking along its sightlines until you can move around inside the space it carves out with both freedom and faithfulness....read more here

Sarah's Blog

Enjoy!

No comments: