Thursday, May 04, 2006

Bono in Dallas

Tomorrow is an exciting day for me.

1) I will get to take a day off from work*

2) I will be seeing some of my best friends in the world, Jeff & Julie and Matthew & Erica (and maybe more that I don't know about!)

3) I will be sitting in Section SS, Row O, Seat 3 to hear Bono speak at the Dallas World Affairs Council!!!

If Bono's speech is anything like the one he gave at the National Prayer Breakfast, then we are in for a treat. Hopefully I'll write more when I get back....

Tomorrow may be an important day for The Choice Campaign. Never heard of it? You're not alone. Last year for our Fellows project, Meghan--a fellow fellow--and I developed an advertising campaign with the purpose of looking at the daily consumer choices in the west and contrasting them with statistics about the state of the 2/3rds world. Inspired by Bono's ONE Campaign, our aim is to increase awareness of global injustice and help people get involved on whatever level they can. Ideally, the ONE Campaign will want to use our ads for their purposes, which are our purposes.

Tomorrow, if things happen and my connections come through, Bono may have a copy of The Choice Campaign in his hands. That is the very best we can hope for. If you are the praying type, I ask that you would pray for a miracle.

*Its actually not that big of a deal for me to get a day off from work since my official last day is a week from tomorrow and ever since I submitted my resignation I haven't really done much.



peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, the choice campaign sounds like a fantastic idea! :)