Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Preacher...

I don't think I've really mentioned him before but I wanted to introduce you to The Preacher.
The Preacher (aka 'Real Live Preacher') was a big influence in my life a few years ago. During my struggle in the corporate world I read his blog at least a dozen times a day. No joke. I would check it religiously to see if he had made any posts. If not, I would dig through his archive to find the ones that made my heart warm a little, or perhaps the ones that helped me to imagine again. The Preacher helped me out of my tiny, southern, bible-belt Christianity and showed me that there were in fact thoughtful people who were serious about the Kingdom in Texas.

The Preacher is subversive. He is imagniative. He understands the role of the Church community. I'm working on an essay right now that ties those three together, but if you want to see it in action, The Preacher is your man.

I like this one - John the Baptist

This one makes me cry - The Smallest Person in the World

The Dude abides - Thank you for "The Big Lebowski"

Anyway, I wanted to send my regards to the preacher by sending him traffic. All 3 of you who visit this site should check out his. You won't be disappointed, and I won't be disappointed if you don't come back here because you have to catch up on his archived stories. I owe him my blog traffic, at the very least...

Thank you Preacher.

www.reallivepreacher.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I have been reading his blog for awhile as well and his church here in San Antonio is so small I can't believe it.

Real Live Preacher said...

Thanks man! It means a lot to think that what you write matters to someone.

rlp