Monday, February 20, 2006

Howdy

Sarah: so I just turned the corner at the div school and I practically run into Stanley Hauerwas and he says 'Howdy.'
me: no way. to me?
Sarah: oh right to you
me: NO WAY
Sarah: he said, 'howdy to your friend kc'

What wonderful news to hear on a dull Monday morning (Thanks Sarah!) Stanley Hauerwas (also here and here) is a giant in the world of Christian Ethics and Theology and, in my opinion, one cannot not read Stanley Hauerwas and be an informed, thoughtful Christian who is serious about the his or her own calling as well as the Church's true calling. Narrative Theology, The Church as Social Ethic, A Community of Character, On Being a Christian And A Texan...Some of the Hauerwasian lingo that has found its way into the big conversations. And he's friends with Garber. Don't feel bad if you haven't read him--just get on it. Seriously.

No comments: