Monday, August 08, 2005

Super 8

I'm at a Super 8 motel in Bristol, Virginia. They have free wireless internet here. Unbelievable. I should be sleeping but I've been driving for 17 hours and I want to watch TV.

For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace.
--I Corinthians 14:33

I want that peace. But risk involves the unknown and it is the unknown that makes us confused. Working through the confusion must be God's way of teaching us to let go of ourselves and latch on to Him because after all is said and done, God is God and I am not. Confusion is an oppurtunity to trust God. Now, if I could just figure out what that means...

cause it's frightening to be
swimming in this strange sea
but i'd rather be here than on land


I would much rather be here, wrestling with God, than running away to a complacent life. I think it's worth it.

No comments: