Friday, March 10, 2006

Good Genes

My brother recently discovered my blog. Well it turns out that blogging doesn't set me apart in the Flynn family. A few years ago my brother was involved in little project called Catholic Hoops. Here is the biography that is included at the bottom of the blog:

Sean Flynn: The driving force behind Catholic Hoops, he is neither Catholic nor a basketball player. Born to an Irish Protestant father and a Jewish mother, he was baptized Christian but remains Jewish under Jewish law. Bridging these cultures while growing up in Houston, Flynn grew an uncommon fondness for East Coast basketball. He oversaw the John Thompson retirement while completing his studies at Georgetown University.

I admire my brother for a lot of things not least of which is his ability to write. I always wished I could write as well as he could but I'm not sure I'll ever get there. It's not that fair of a race though...he does have 18 months on me, an education from a prestigious school, plus he's smarter, and he was reading the sports page at age 3...so he's got that going for him. Anyway, here is my favorite article my brother wrote while he was in college, I think you'll find it entertaining:

School's Out Forever

The picture above, which is from that article, is of Sean (Son of Cary Flynn) on the Left, David Noll (Son of Mark Noll) center, and the cool guy on the right is yours truly.

Sean's articles can be found here: The Washington Post.

1 comment:

Natalie Elaine said...

that is a WONDERFUL photo kase! i love it. you look so much the same. very cool.

ps. you have some stuff on your brother too, like, you're my friend.